Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Better Home Cooking Basics: #27 Use a Serrated Knife to Cut Tomatoes without Smushing Them

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. The sun finally decided to come out here on Sunday & we were blessed with two great sunshiney days - the others were just as good, sans the vitamin d.

Now that summer has unofficially started I am pretty excited for some fresh farm-to-table produce I plan on hitting the farmers markets for. Tomatoes are among some of my favorite finds at farmers markets, especially heirloom tomatoes (the green zebras are my favorite!).  I picked up this tip to cut tomatoes with a serrated knife to keep them from smushing when you do. Try it - I think it'll give you a good grip on cutting tomatoes the next time you do.

Get more of my better home cooking basics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment