Monday, September 30, 2013

Target: A Thrifty Gal's Madewell

fall 2013 trend: booties for less

Living in Hoboken & working in NYC provides a lot of visual inspiration from the food to the fashion - I couldn't ask for a better mentor.  For the past month or so I saw this girl on my commute into NYC in the mornings. I can't tell you what her face looks like or even what color her hair is but I can tell you I needed/wanted those little taupey-grey booties that would be her identifying factor for me.  Then one day a couple of weeks ago I was in Target & there they were. THE BOOTIES. I tried them (Women's Mossimo Supply Co. Kiriana Ankle Boot with Leather Wrap) on & although I tried to reason with myself that I was trying to clean out my closet - my feet were walking me to the register & I've worn them more than I haven't since I got them.

This weekend my girlfriend, who was on the quest for her perfect bootie, emailed me to tell me that I saved myself about $260. That's right, Madewell (a store I love to window shop at & buy from the sale racks) has the almost identical bootie (H by Hudson™ Horrigan Boots) but they sell theirs for $295.  So I thanked my friend & patted myself on the back for my victory.  Girls these boots are super comfy & they come in two other colors as well.  At $34.99 you can buy them all & still have money to spare - which I'm tempted to do myself.

(PS: Target really is the thrifty gal's way to own the most recent trends without breaking the bank, just like in this post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment