Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ricotta Fig Basil Bites

This past weekend I had some of my VIP girlfriends (plus one VIP in training - the adorable little miss Evie!) over & served up these tasty little bites with my freshly made ricotta & wine (of course).  They're super simple to make.  Just slice a thin baguette into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.  Then smear each piece with a bit of ricotta & top with a few slices of fig.  Sprinkle each bite with some ribbons of fresh basil  & drizzle with honey!

You can just serve these with some napkins since no fork or knife is required, making them a perfect party snack.   Use whatever fruit & herb pair you like - the key is to keep it bite sized.  Next time I may try peaches with mint & maybe drizzle a balsamic reduction over it.  Mmmm yes I think I will definitely do that.  What herb fruit combo would you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment