Friday, November 21, 2014

2 Ingredient Drinking Chocolate

I had a sweet tooth craving the other night so I attempted my own version of drinking chocolate. It hit the spot for sure. The best part is that I only used two ingredients & it only took about 10 minutes to make this insanely decadent treat that’s great on super chilly nights. Give it a try & you’ll think twice about cracking open the powder packets again.

If you're looking for a chocolate-free way to warm up try this hot cardamom milk, it's awesome!

Happy Friday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 chocolate (I used this one that I had in the pantry from the sweet folks at Chocoley)
Make it!
  1. Heat milk over medium heat in a medium sized sauce pan.
  2. You want the milk to heat until it’s at a gentle boil (read: little foamy bubbles). Then turn the heat down.
  3. While the milk is heating chop up your chocolate so that it’s becomes superfine crumbs. This will make it melt nicely into the milk.
  4. Add the chocolate to the simmering milk. Stir well & make sure the heat is super low. The milk should start to foam up a bit after a few minutes. When it does turn the heat off. Give your mixture a few more stirs off the heat to make sure all of the chocolate has melted & incorporated into the milk.
  5. Pour into mugs & serve warm. Depending on the kind of chocolate you use you may opt to add a touch of brown sugar. Mine was sweet enough on it’s own so I didn’t need this third ingredient.







No comments:

Post a Comment