Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thirsty Thursday: Tomato Wine Pairing

For this week's Thirsty Thursday post I asked Tamara at Bottle Rush for the perfect pairing for one of my favorite ways to eat salmon, Salmon & Melting Cherry Tomatoes.  Tamara was quick to respond, “As soon as I saw this recipe I knew the perfect pairing for this dish - A Pinot Noir from New Zealand. This light red wine is bursting with cherry and strawberry fruit notes to complement the tomato topping but is light enough so it won't overpower the delicate salmon. The other great news about this pairing is over on the other side of the world (NZ) they haven't heard that Pinot Noir should cost an arm and a leg so you can still get great value (this wine costs under $20).”

Are you interested in seeing a specific dish you’ve seen here (or elsewhere) paired with the perfect wine? If so let me know by leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment