Monday, August 25, 2014

Green Harissa


When we were upstate we bought a (now-I-realize-huge) bag of fresh chili peppers. I’ve used one or two for different things but wasn't sure what to do with all the others. Then I remembered I could make harissa - a spicy paste that I love to eat on falafel (this is my favorite falafel place EVER!). I’ve never made it before so I took to the inner webs & combined a bunch of recipes I found & then tossed in some greens & herbs like I do when I make pesto.

You can use this super spicy green harissa paste like you would hot sauce. You can use it on chicken, veggies, seafood, anything really. It’s super hot so just a little dab will do ya!

Ingredients:

  • 3 chilies, chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic,
  • 1 teaspoos ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon carraway seeds
  • 1 cup baby spinach leaves
  • 1/2 cup parsely.

Make it!
  1. Puree all ingredients together & drizzle in olive oil.
  2. Store in an air-tight container like a glass jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment