Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Better Home Cooking Basics: #30 To Ensure a Good Sear, Make Sure Your Protein is Dry & Your Oil is Hot

Have you ever said wow that rubbery colorless chicken looks delicious? Probably not. If you're like me you like the outside to be golden, if not crispy.

You eat with your eyes first so make sure your protein, whether it's steak, chicken, scallops, etc., is love at first site with a nicely seared exterior.  To make sure this happens dry your protein off as best you can, blot it with paper towels - it should do the trick. Then make sure your oil is hot & you'll get a better sear each time. Another great reason to make sure your protein is dry is to avoid oil splatter - which OUCH hurts! Happy searing!

Get more of my better home cooking basics here

2 comments:

  1. Dear, I found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! I really like your amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy if you'll find a minute to see my blog!

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete