Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Better Home Cooking Basics: #29 To Pit Olives Quickly Crush a Few Under the Flat Side of a Chef’s Knife

better home cooking basics: To Pit Olives Quickly Crush a Few Under  the Flat  Side of a Chef’s Knife. cooking tips. heatheromade.

I really love salty, briny olives. If I’m eating olives by themselves - straight out of a bowl or container- I don’t mind if they have pits but if i’m having them in a salad I prefer them to be pitted because I personally chomp harder & chew faster when other veggies are involved & if an olive pit gets in the way that could be a real (dental) problem. This time of year I tend to make all different variations of Greek salad. If I don’t have pitted olives to add & bought the ones with pits by mistake I’ve learned to pit olives quickly by placing a few under the flat side of the knife & pressing down so that the pits pop out.  This quick tip helps to ensure no emergency visits to the dentist. 

Get more of my better home cooking basics here

No comments:

Post a Comment