Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Better Home Cooking Basics: #28 Slice Steak across the Grain rather than with it for a Tender (Not Chewy) Bite.

better home cooking basics. cooking tips. Slice Steak across the Grain rather than with it for a Tender (Not Chewy)  Bite. heatheromade.

If you’ve visited HeatherOMade before (or if it’s your first time - thanks for stopping by) you’ll know that I’m not a huge meat eater - but I don’t mind cooking it & my husband doesn’t mind eating it.  Even though I’m not eating it I still try to make sure I cook it well (or medium rare). I recently picked up this tip, which I’ve always heard in the past but never paid much attention to it because I didn’t know what would happen if you didn’t - & now I do. Cut your meat against the grain for a tender (not chewy) bite. If you spend the money & time cooking steak (or any meat) you should make sure your delivery doesn’t contradict all of your hard earned cash & work. If you need a better understanding of what the “grain” is there’s a crude graphic that illustrates it below. If you need further explanation check out this post I found it helpful.

Happy eating, carnivores!

better home cooking basics. cooking tips. Slice Steak across the Grain rather than with it for a Tender (Not Chewy)  Bite. heatheromade.

Get more of my better home cooking basics here


No comments:

Post a Comment