Friday, March 21, 2014

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats


Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.
More often than not, if it’s breakfast time I’m eating avocado toast.  Yesterday was the rare day that I didn’t have avocado toast for breakfast, so I had it for lunch.  I opted to make a quick (yet somewhat fancy looking) protein packed breakfast centered around banana & peanut butter.  I remember seeing something like this on the web - I can’t remember where but I took a mental photo & stored it in my memory bank. Yesterday I pulled that memory out & I must say I’ll be revisiting this quick breakfast that kept me from a growling stomach into the middle of the afternoon. It’s also a great snack or dessert.

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I opt for the natural & organic kind which is basically just nuts - no sugar or other stuff please & thanks)
  • 1 tablespoon raisins
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • pinch of cinnamon
(note: these measurements are rough estimates - you don’t need to measure just go by eye & what looks good to you).

Make it!
  1. With the peel on cut the banana length wise so that you have two “boats.”
  2. Then remove the peel (I find it’s easier to cut bananas with the peel on.)
  3. Spread each half with peanut butter. (If the peanut butter doesn’t spread easily because it’s been in the fridge & it’s cold - microwave the peanut butter in a small bowl for 20 seconds it’ll be much more spreadable.)
  4. Sprinkle raisins on top of the peanut butter.
  5. Drizzle honey over each “boat” & dust with cinnamon.
  6. Eat immediately with a fork & knife.
Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

Peanut Butter & Banana Boats. recipe. quick & easy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment