Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sweet & Crunchy Wasabi Tuna Salad Sandwich

sweet and crunchy wasabi salad sandwiches. recipe, how-to, lunch.

After a conversation with my girlfriends Allison & Natalie about jicama I had a craving to whip up some tuna salad that my sister & I used to live off of during our early post-college days when she managed a restaurant & filled our bellies with fresh food. Jicama if you have never had it is crunchy like and apple but not as sweet. I'd compare it to a love child between  an apple and a potato. You really must try it if you never have.

This recipe is inspired by Tossed's tuna salad but I jazzed it up with one of my favorite Trader Joe's products: wasabi mayo.

Read more for the full recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of tuna in water, drain
  • 1/3 cup jicama, chop
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup baby spinach, chiffonade
  • 3 tablespoons wasabi mayo
  • salt & pepper
  • 4 slices sprouted bread, toast

Make it!
  1. Mix tuna, jicama, cranberries, spinach & mayo together.
     
  2. Season with salt & pepper.
     
  3. Spread on toasted bread, cut sandwiches in half on the diagonal.
    (PS you will definitely have leftover, so top off a salad with it!).




No comments:

Post a Comment