This first smoothie bowl recipe I’m sharing is a good gateway smoothie bowl because it’s sweet & familiar. So if you’re trying to work more fruit & protein into your breakfast routine this is the way to do it.
If you make your own smoothie bowls, I’d love to know what you put in yours. Please comment below!
Ingredients for two smoothie bowls
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 10 strawberries, stemmed & halved (plus 2-3 extra for topping)
- 1 cup blueberries (plus a handful for topping)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (plus extra for topping)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (the natural kind - we’re going for healthy here)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 bananas, 10 strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, peanut butter, water.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until smooth or transfer to a blender & blend until smooth. If you prefer a super thick smoothie bowl add some ice cubes to the mix or use frozen bananas.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls.
- Using a teaspoon make a neat row of the chia seeds.
- Next to the chia seeds add a row of sliced strawberries, all facing the same direction.
- Add a row of bananas.
- Then a row of blueberries & fill the rest of the bowl with a row of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Serve with a spoon & enjoy.