I love tacos. We make them at least a few times a month if not weekly at our house. I like them all. It’s so fun to add a little this & that & build as you go & then eat with your hands! What I love even more is serving everything on a cutting board which means less dishes to wash (tiny win!). This week I’ve been making piece meal trips to the grocery store so there hasn’t been a whole lot to work with when I conjured up this idea of egg tacos. We had eggs so that is what went in the tacos. I don’t love scrambled eggs but in these tacos I did.
Regardless, I would make these again for breakfast, lunch or dinner. These would actually be really fun for a brunch party. They’re simple & tasty & most importantly fun to eat!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 jalepeño pepper, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese, grated
- lime wedges
- spinach, chopped
- avocado, sliced
- hot sauce
- In a food processor using the ’s’ blade blend the onion, jalepeño & garlic together. Drop one ingredient a piece at a time into the food processor.
- In a small bowl add the eggs & water. Scramble together just until the yolks & the white have combined.
- In a large non-stick skillet add the olive oil over medium heat.
- Scrape the onion, jalepeno, garlic mixture from the food processor & add it into the oil. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions become translucent. If the garlic starts to brown, lower the heat.
- Add the egg & water mixture to the pan.
- Scramble the eggs & the onion, jalepeño, garlic mixture together. Season with salt & pepper. let cook until the whites are opaque & then remove from heat & spoon into a serving bowl.
- You can char your tortillas on your stove top like i did hear.
- Lay all of your toppings out on a cutting board & serve with lots of napkins!