Monday, March 2, 2015

Better Home Cooking Basics: #55 Add Baking Powder to Water for Hard Boiled Eggs for Shells that Don’t Stick.

I’m new to the hard boiled egg game. I’ve only recently felt confident in cooking them. Not too long ago I was under or overcooking them & now I’ve finally got it down pat. After the cooking I have to peel them & sometimes take off more of the egg whites with the shells than I’d like so when I came across this tip I had to share it with you guys. Next time you make hard boiled eggs add 1 tablespoon of baking powder  to the water, it helps prevent the egg shells from sticking! It works! I’ve tried it several times now & it has worked every time.

Do you have a tricks for making hard boiled eggs? If so, please share in the comments below!

Get more of my better home cooking basics here.

PS: happy birthday to my sweet baby cousin Renee!!! I love you! (check her site out here)

No comments:

Post a Comment