Back to detoxing with Irena from Zen Blendz for this Thirsty Thursday post. Irena says this sweet treat is a good way to ease into juicing, without feeling like you're drinking a salad! (Sign me up!)
The sweet pineapple (please use a ripe one) is cut with tart apple. The lemon (or in my case lime - because I ran out of lemons!) balances these flavors. Romaine lettuce is hardly noticeable in juicing but has lots of benefits & makes your juice last longer with added water! (This is true this recipe makes a bunch of juice).
The cayenne pepper rounds out this juice by giving your tastebuds some heat, a great sweet treat for the summer an equally as warming for winter months when juicing may be difficult.
Give it a try & let us know what you think! I really enjoyed it.
- 1/3 medium pineapple
- 1 Granny Smith apple or your choice of seasonal fruit (melons or kiwis also work great)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 lemon (I used a lime)
- (add in spinach or kale if you want more vitamins & chlorophyll)
- top of with cayenne pepper
- Cut off the outer part of the pineapple & cut into chunks that will fit in your juicer.
- Cut the rind of the citrus too (or else it’ll be too super tart).
- Cut the romain up to fit in the juicer as well.
- Juice all the the veggies & fruits & dust with cayenne. (Go lightly cayenne is spicy!!!)
Here are the reasons why this juice is so good for you:
- aids digestion
- provides potassium, vitamin C, iron
- contains lots of bromelain - a super healing enzyme
Granny Smith Apple:
- lowers blood cholesterol
- liver stimulant
- provides vitamin A & chlorophyll