How do you hard boil your eggs? Any tricks?
- 6 hard boiled eggs (see Chris's method below!)
- 2 tablespoons wasabi mayo (Trader Joe's makes a great one, I used it here too)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- paprika for sprinkling
- fresh greens for presentation (optional)
- If you're hard boiling your own eggs (you are more brave than me!) Chris suggests placing eggs in the bottom of a medium sized pot. Cover with cold water & bring to a boil. Chris likes to salt his water so you can add some salt to yours for good luck too. Boil on high for 2 minutes, then lower flame & simmer for 15 more minutes. Remove from heat & place in a new bowl with cold water to cool the eggs. Allow eggs to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Peel & cut hard boiled eggs in half length ways.
- Pop egg yolks out & place in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix all egg yolks with wasabi mayo, dijon mustard, salt & pepper together until smooth & creamy.
- You can either spoon the mixture into each egg white or you can put on your fancy pants & put the yolk mixture in a plastic bag & cut one corner off & pipe it into your egg whites.
- I laid some arugula down for each deviled egg & sprinkled each with a touch of paprika because that's what my mom used to do. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.