Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Soft Serve Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream

I had some extra pumpkin in my fridge (after making these pancakes) & was craving something sweet so I made a cross between pumpkin pie filling & ice cream for dessert. Soft serve pumpkin ice cream.

It’s vegan. It’s dairy-free. It's gluten-free. (Read: guilt-free) It’s delish!

It’s a take on my usual go-to frozen banana ice cream trick that I’ve made here & here.

Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • 1 pinch ground cloves - really you just need the tiniest amount
  • 1 pinch ground allspice - really you just need the tiniest amount
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
  • pumpkin seeds (optional)

Make it!
  1. You can use either a powerful blender or an immersion blender (like I did). Blend together the banana, pumpkin, spices & salt.
  2. Taste your ice cream. If your banana wasn’t super sweet to start with you might want to add the agave here - or skip it all together - it really depends on your desired sweetness.
  3. Top with pumpkin seeds for some healthy crunch & enjoy immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment