It’s tomato week here & I hope you’re enjoying it as much as I am. I heart tomatoes! As promised I’m back with a different take on Monday’s Fresh & Simple Tomato Salad recipe. Today, I bring you Fresh & Simple Tomato Salad Crostini. It’s a perfect summer appetizer that you can make on the grill & serve while you’re still grilling your meats & veggies. I like to serve mine on the cutting board I cut the bread on - again less dishes makes a happy Heather!
- tomato salad (see recipe here)
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Brush the tops of your sliced baguette slices with olive oil.
- Grill the slices oiled side down over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes or until you get your pretty grill marks.
- Carefully brush the dry sides that are facing up with olive oil.
- With tongs flip the toasts over & grill on the opposite side for about 2 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Carefully arrange the toasts on a cutting board or serving platter.
- Season with salt & pepper. (Don't skip this step it really makes a difference!)
- Then add a spoonful of tomato salad on top of each toast & serve!