It’s Wednesday & you’re probably reading this while multi-tasking with some sort of electronic device & a tooth brush if you’re reading this when it posts at 7am. Most mornings I find it a battle between blow drying my hair or eating breakfast. Usually the hair wins only because it’s so cold out lately I really don’t want icicles forming on my head - but who cares we should all be eating breakfast. If you have about 10 minutes in the morning - maybe you wash & dry your hair the night before (note to self) - you can make these pancakes. You only need 5 ingredients to make them (plus whatever syrup or jam you want to slather on top) & about 7 minutes to make them. Truth be told, I made them on a Sunday but I would make them again on a week day. Plus, this recipe yields four fluffy pancakes - two for me & two for you - so it’s perfect if you have a smaller household - if you have more mouths just double the quantities.
When I have extra time, on the weekends, I make these pancakes or these ones & sometimes these crepes.
What’s your favorite pancake recipe?
Ingredients (recipe adapted from Everyday Belle's recipe):
- 1 egg (organic if available)
- 1 small container of your favorite greek yogurt (5.3oz) (I used Siggis’s plain but I bet a flavored greek yogurt would be great too!)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- (butter or cooking spray -& no I didn't count this in the five ingredients - oops!)
- Whisk together milk, yogurt & egg together in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix flour & baking soda together.
- Slowly add the flour/bakig soda mixture to the yogurt, egg, milk mixture. Stir until combined well. This mixture will be super thick.
- Add a bit of butter or cooking spray to a large skillet. Heat over medium - high heat.
- Using an ice cream scoop scoop even amounts of the batter into the skillet.
- When the pancakes start to bubble a bit on the sides flip them to the other side with a spatula.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with which ever toppings you like.