blueberry basil lemonade du jour I made a zippy sauce to go with them (and the leftovers are delicious over greek yogurt by the way).
Ingredients for pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (plus extra for the pan)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for blueberry basil sauce
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 handful basil leaves, chiffonade
Make the pancakes!
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries to the pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat, add a teaspoon butter
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the batter onto the pan.
- Cook until the edges of each pancake forms small holes & the edge looks almost dry & then flip with a spatula.
- Brown on opposite side.
- Serve hot with blueberry basil sauce.
Make the blueberry basil sauce!
- Bring blueberries, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice to a boil over medium heat in a small sauce pot.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.