DC for work. At the recommendations of my coworkers I tried & became obsessed with SweetGreen, a fabulously fresh local salad joint. Besides their super fresh salad toss-ins that are locally sourced and prepared by (maybe) angels themselves, they also have this ridiculous blueberry basil lemonade. Yes it is as good as it sounds. I was really missing it when I got back home so I did what every good food blogger does, I googled it. I didn't look long since SweetGreen actually gives you the recipe on their blog! (read: I officially love SweetGreen more.) In honor of their awesomeness and a scorching heatwave I made a batch myself & loved every sip.
PS: SweetGreen is slated for the streets of NYC so be on the look out (or I'll just tell you when it hits!).
Ingredients (via SweetGreen)
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used about 7 lemons, it really depends on how juicy they are)
- 2 lemons, peeled & seeded
- 3/4 cup agave
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 fresh basil leaves (plus more for fancy pants garnish)
- 2 quarts of water (or 8 cups)
- Blend the lemon juice, lemons, agave, blueberries and basil until smooth.
- Stir in 2 quarts of water.
- Strain and pour over ice (I didn't strain mine - I liked the pulp!)
- Garnish with extra blueberries, lemon wedges and/or basil leaves.