I know it probably seems like I run a restaurant when it comes to dinner time at our house since I post so often about different recipes. I do love to try new things & I really do enjoy changing it up but to be honest most of the time we have the same things on rotation.
Asparagus is usually one the veggies we always have. In hopes to change it up this week I changed the shape of the asparagus by shaving them with a vegetable peeler - other than that the flavors of olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper are usual suspects at our dinner table. The best part is this recipe/method (I'm not sure you can even call it a recipe) is simple & cooks really quickly all the while making your dinner table look fancy without trying hard at all.
How do you jazz up your regular dishes?
- 1 bunch of asparagus, shaved with veggie peeler
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or extra virgin olive oil - I use what I have on hand)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Wash & trim the woody ends of your asparagus.
- Using a vegetable peeler shave long curls of asparagus. They will probably vary in size but they will still cook at the same rate.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add asparagus shavings & season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic & cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot (but it would probably be good at room temperature or even cold in a salad).