What do you eat in your lettuce wraps?
- 1 head of butter/boston lettuce
- 1 lb marinated chicken (see my recipe below for a quick marinade), sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup manchego cheese, grated
- 1 cup strawberry salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced (use this trick to cut an avocado)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, optional
- Slice grilled chicken on the bias.
- Pull off all of the large leaves from the head of butter lettuce, rinse well & dry.
- Arrange all ingredients on a large cutting board.
- To create an individual chicken lettuce taco place a piece of lettuce on a plate & top with desired toppings. Eat like a taco!
Quick Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken - slice into thin pieces
- 1/4 olive oil or veggie oil
- 2 limes, zest & juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt & pepper
Make the chicken!
- Add oil, lime zest & juice, garlic, vinegar to a medium sized bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add chicken to the bowl & coat each piece with the marinade.
- Chill chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill each piece of chicken about 6-7 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear & the meat is cooked through.