I have to admit, I've had a lot more experience cooking & eating broccoli than cauliflower. I like cauliflower I just forget about it sometimes. I got a friendly reminder while flipping through the January 2013 edition of Whole Living Magazine. I saw the recipe for Charred Cauliflower with Clementines & Olives & needed to try it immediately. I sadly didn't have any olives in the house so I made a Chris-friendly version sans olives. Next time I'll definitely have to throw some in my dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed & cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slabs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 clementines, zested & segmented
- (1/4 cup kalamata olives)
- 1 tsp white vinegar (I only had balsamic, so I used it & it worked great)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet & brush both sides with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Roast, flipping once, until tender & golden, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving patter with clementine segments (& olives).
- Meanwhile, make vinaigrette: whisk remaining oil & vinegar & clementine zest. Season with salt.
- Drizzle over cauliflower, clementines & olives. Sprinkle with parsley.