Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Charred Cauliflower with Clementines

charred cauliflower with clementines. wholele living recipe

I have to admit, I've had a lot more experience cooking & eating broccoli than cauliflower. I like cauliflower  I just forget about it sometimes. I got a friendly reminder while flipping through the January 2013 edition of Whole Living Magazine. I saw the recipe for Charred Cauliflower with Clementines & Olives & needed to try it immediately.  I sadly didn't have any olives in the house so I made a Chris-friendly version sans olives. Next time I'll definitely have to throw some in my dish.

Ingredients:
  • 1 head cauliflower, trimmed & cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slabs
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 clementines, zested & segmented
  • (1/4 cup kalamata olives)
  • 1 tsp white vinegar (I only had balsamic, so I used it & it worked great)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Make it!
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet & brush both sides with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
  3. Season with salt & pepper.
  4. Roast, flipping once, until tender & golden, about 25 minutes.
  5. Transfer to a serving patter with clementine segments (& olives).
  6. Meanwhile, make vinaigrette: whisk remaining oil & vinegar & clementine zest. Season with salt.
  7. Drizzle over cauliflower, clementines & olives. Sprinkle with parsley.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch for posting this! It's not posted on the website yet. I've had this twice and it is delicious! I couldn't find clementines, so, I used manadarin oranges; just as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! glad you enjoyed it. i love mandarins - i think sometimes they're tastier than clementines, great substitute!

      Delete
  2. This was really good. I used green olives and no parsley. I also used a tangerine vinaigrette from Whole Foods instead of making my own dressing. Served it over some baby greens, added some carrot sticks and grapes. Easy, tasty light supper.

    ReplyDelete