Thursday, March 19, 2015

Natural Product Pick: Meow Meow Tweet Baking Soda Free Deordorant Cream

A while ago I posted about my quest for a natural deodorant that actually worked, here. I thought I had found the holy grail of natural deodorants in Truly's Natural Deordorant, until I found out I was allergic to it. Turns out it's the baking soda, the one ingredient that I've baked with & even brushed my teeth with that apparently does not play nice with my skin.

I was so bummed because I really, really liked it. I even went as far as trying to trick my body by taking a break from it & then easing my way back to it.  This 'trick' would work for the first day but then my body was back to telling me 'I don't think so," with a very loud & clear message. Two words: inflamed armpits. Yep, it's as pretty & painful as it sounds. My armpits would get red & itchy & hurt, almost swollen but I didn't smell. While I was trying to convince myself that red pits are no big deal, I'll use it anyway I had flashes of wearing tank tops & scaring others with my angry armpits. There had to be a better way. I tried other deodorants but where they were lacking baking soda they were also lacking in stink prevention. They didn't work. Then the universe sent a natural deodorant article into my facebook feed. I quickly perused the slide show options of deodorants I had already tried until I came upon this one, Meow Meow Tweet. The product is literally called Baking Soda Free Deodorant Cream. I read the review (which I can't find now but if I do I will update it here) & ordered it immediately.
It comes in a small glass jar. You only need a pea size amount for each pit which you rub into each with your fingers just like Truly's.  Just like Truly's, it works (sans red armpits)!!! I couldn't be happier with it. It's made in Brooklyn in small batches & it has cute little illustrations on the packaging (that was a silent high five for my inner graphic designer personality). It's made with completely natural, vegan & safe but effective ingredients (for the full list view them here) & has a light citrus scent. They even address my sensitivity to baking soda in the description - so I know there are more of us out there so I felt it my civic blogging duty to blog about this product. Most importantly it works. It works from the time I put it on in the morning to my late night 5-6 mile run on the treadmill at the gym without reapplying. I love this stuff! Thank you deodorant gods, I mean Meow Meow Tweet!

Remember, if you're happy with Truly's & don't suffer any sensitivity to baking soda, stick with it it's a great product there's nothing wrong with it. If you're like me, Meow Meow Tweet Baking Soda Free Deodorant Cream is your remedy for a natural deodorant if you suffer from baking soda sensitivity!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! I have been wanting to switch to a truly all-natural deodorant for a while. I have considered buying Schmidt's cream deodorant but many reviewers had the same "angry pit" syndrome. And that was something that I could not risk considering all of the trauma I put my pits through by shaving. I have tried using vinegar as a deodorant...it works but you smell like a pickle. Now I am using the crystal deodorant, it also works rather well. However it still contains a form of aluminum. I have a history of breast cancer that runs in my family, so I needed a new alternative. I think this is THE ONE! I can't wait to try it! If all goes well, my mom will be the next convert lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks so much for this comment! It made my day! You will love this deordorant. I've already turned many of my friends & family on to it & they love it too. I hope this ends your hunt to find a natural deordorant. Cheers!

      Delete