Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Better Home Cooking Basics: #22 For a Crispier Pizza Crust at Home Use Less Pizza Dough

Better Home Cooking Basics: For a Crispier Pizza Crust at Home Use Less Pizza Dough. cooking tips.

I'm really into making homemade pizzas. The crispier the crust the better. I'm constantly learning as I go. Lately, I had an epiphany which seems rather obvious but in order to make the crispiest crust you need to make sure you stretch it thin but more importantly & a sure way to make it thin is to simply use less dough. It's that easy. Use less dough & stretch & roll it out the same size as you normally would & you're on your way to a crispier crust. I also recommend heating your pizza stone  (this is by far my favorite one!) or pizza pan in the oven before you place the dough on it. That way the bottom of the crust gets a head start when you put it on the hot surface - you'll probably even hear it sizzle.

Check out more better home cooking basic tips here.

PS: happy 5th birthday this little beauty, my niece Gracie. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment