Monday, September 9, 2013

Bonefish Grill's Chimichurri Sauce


Bonefish Grill's Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Do you ever sit in aw of the world that is Google? I was looking to see if I could find a recipe like Bonefish Grill's Chimichurri Sauce. So I Googled it. I not only found a recipe - I found Bonefish Grill's official chimichurri recipe on the Bonefish Grill blog. I quickly found myself wishing for other things because that one was way too easy.

If there was one sauce/dressing that works on everything from  grilled warm fish to cold crisp salads - this is the one.  After making this you'll find yourself wishing for something else too. I started the week spooning this delicious sauce over some grilled salmon, next I tossed it with some mixed greens & tomatoes for a quick fresh salad, but I didn't stop there. Check in later this week to see what I served with this garlicky, South American fresh herb sauce.

Ingredients (via Bonefish Grill)
  • 8 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. plus Kosher Salt
  • 1 tsp. oregano, dry leaves
  • 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
  • 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • Finely grated lemon zest from 3 lemons
  • 4 oz. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 bunch flat leaf (Italian) parsley
  • 1 cup olive oil
Make it!
  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse chop until all ingredients are approximately 1/8 inch in size.
  2. Add Italian parsley and pulse chop until parsley is 1/8 inch in size.
  3. Add the olive oil and blend in quickly. (Do not over blend, you want it to be a little chunky)
  4. Allow the sauce to marinate for 30 minutes before serving. Store it in a glass dressing bottle like I did here , refrigerate it & use it all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment