Friday, January 18, 2013

Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin

Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin


I've really never met a tomato that I don't like. Ok that's a little bit of a lie, canned stewed tomatoes gross me out but I love all the others.

I came across this recipe in my new go-to cookbook (Barefoot Contessa's FoolProof Cookbook) for provençal cherry tomato gratin. It is a great side dish & if i didn't have to share I'm pretty sure I'd eat the entire casserole dish myself.

Try it yourself & let me know what you think. Read on for the recipe.

PS: there were no leftovers at our house.

Ingredients

  • 3 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 tbl plus 3/4 cup good olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried thyme or herbs de provence (I used fresh thyme)
  • 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 3 large garlic cloves
  • 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
  • 2 cups coarse bread crumbs (I pulsed two pieces of sprouted wheat bread in my food processor for some tasty crumbs)
Make it!
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Place tomatoes in 9x13 in ceramic dish. 
  3. Add 1 1/2 tbl oil, thyme/herbs de provence, 1 tsp salt & pepper. Toss together. 
  4. Spread tomatoes evenly in pan or casserole dish.
  5. Chop garlic & parsley & mix with bread crumbs. 
  6. Add 3/4 cup oil, then spread evenly over tomatoes.
  7. Bake gratin until crumbs are golden, 40-45 mins. Serve hot or warm.
Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin

Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin

Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin

Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin

Provençal Cherry Tomato Gratin

No comments:

Post a Comment