Thursday, June 7, 2012

Watermelon Salad

Ingredients:
  • mixed greens
  • 2 cups cubed watermelon (pink parts only!)
  • 1 cup grilled corn (cut off the cob)
  • 6 basil leaves cut into ribbons
  • shaved parmesan cheese (use a little or a lot - your call, use a veggie peeler to shave)
Dressing:
  • 1 lemon (juice + zest)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • salt & pepper
Over the past week I've come to realize how important it is to stay hydrated & eat my greens (read: I didn't & I paid for it spending much of my Tuesday horizontal with my eyes closed.) No worries I'm all better now! This watermelon salad is both hydrating & green-filled. Plus, it's super easy to make & a picnic-pleaser for sure.

Simply combine all the ingredients on the right in a large serving bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.  Pour the dressing around the outer-inner edge of your salad (so you don't end up with pool in the center of your salad) & toss it all together & serve immediately.

Today is my husband's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!! I Love You! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment