I took my giant casserole dish to work & we ate it for breakfast! When do you eat kugel? Do you put anything different in yours?
Keep reading to get the recipe for Lisa's Kugel. It makes a ton so invite your friends & family & eat up!
P.S. Thanks for the recipe Lisa!
Kugel/Noodle Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 lb sour cream
- 6 eggs – beaten
- 2 cups milk (any kind..skim, 1%, etc)
- ½ cup white sugar (if you like a sweeter Kugel you can double this but I found this to be perfect!)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ stick of butter
- 5 cups of Corn flakes cereal – store brand is fine
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Let cheeses & eggs come to room temperature before starting.
- Cook wide egg noodles– al denti. Drain & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In same pot you used to cook noodles, melt butter.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients to pot (except topping). Mix together.
- Add noodles, mix together.
- Grease a large casserole dish (11”x14”) with cooking spray. (My casserole dish was a little smaller so I used extra individual ramekins for the overflow.)
- Pour noodle mixture into dish.
- Melt butter (use same pot again).
- Add brown sugar & vanilla (if using).
- Slowly mix in corn flakes & fully coat
- Add corn flake mixture to top of noodles.
- Tent dish with tin foil & place in oven for 25 min.
- Remove foil & cook another 25 minutes to brown topping.
- Remove & serve.
- Wait until completely cooled before wrapping the kugel up otherwise your crispy topping will turn soggy.