To celebrate I made this cake I found in the pages of this month’s Bon Appetit. It’s super moist (even if you don’t like that word it is!) & flavorful. The raspberries are the perfect balance of sweet & tart. I even ate a piece for breakfast because why not it’s my blog birthday :) (Yes, sometimes I eat cake for breakfast even though my Instagram feed would make you believe I only eat smoothie bowls)
I think this would be a great cake to make for Easter or just this spring in general, or just breakfast.
Super huge thanks again for reading these past three years! Cheers to you all (especially my biggest fan, best friend, main taste-tester, oh & best husband, Chris)! xx Heather
Ingredients (recipe via Bon Appetit Raspberry-Ricotta Cake)
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries, divided (I added extra than the original recipe because more berries, is more!)
- powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9”-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.(I traced the cake pan onto the parchment paper & cut it to match or you can buy pre-cut parchment at a specialty bake shop or maybe even craft store.)
- Then sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl & give it a quick whisk to make sure it was all combined.
- Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Then fold in butter, followed by ¾ cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup raspberries over top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.
- I then dusted mine with some powdered sugar but that is totally optional. I think it makes it look even prettier :)