I gave these to Chris as an appetizer one night. They were a great way to tide him over while I finished cooking dinner, so I know they’d be perfect for the holidays too without getting your overstuffed before the stuffing. These are a great way to make cauliflower fun to eat & don't really taste like "veggies" they just taste good.
P dot S cauliflower has a ton of vitamin c in it - who knew? So make these & feel good about ’em!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt + more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + more for seasoning
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 400.
- In a small-medium mixing bowl add eggs & season with salt & pepper. Beat eggs the eggs with a fork.
- Cut up the cauliflower.
- In another mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Working in an assembly line coat each piece of cauliflower with egg, then with the breadcrumb mixture. You may have to pat the mixture on a bit to get it to stick.
- Place breaded cauliflower onto rimmed baking sheets. Be sure not to over crowd, you want these to get crispy.
- Drizzle the nuggets with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the pieces over half way through.
- When the outside is browned & crispy & the inside is tender they’re done!
- Heat up the marinara & serve these hot or at room temp.
- If you have leftovers wait till they cool. Store them in an airtight container. To reheat put them back in the oven under the broiler for 5-10 minutes.