Thursday, September 18, 2014

Boardwalk Empire Style Challenge for Ladies & Gents

earrings | necklace | dress | hair pins | snake arm bangle | gold arm bangle | purse | t-strap heels

find all styles above at Paul Fredrick: fedora | dress shirt
suspenders | tie | pants | socks | shoes

I love American 1920s styles, I think it stems from my tap dancing days & my flapper-esque recital costume with fringe & everything. It was perfection.

When the folks over at Paul Fredrick asked if I’d celebrate Boardwalk Empire’s season premiere with a style challenge inspired by the show I was both flattered & excited & started my search for my interpretation of the style.
The looks above are what I chose to emulate the Boardwalk Empire style. I also started a pin board with more ideas if you like what you see here check those out too.

I’d definitely wear this dress & all the accessories. I might leave off a few for a daytime &/or less costumey look. Those shoes though - I would love them for days & days.  On the costumey note, I think these looks would make awesome & classy Halloween options that even your significant other who-only-wears-his-hot-dog-costume might even wear since they're really just great clothes. And who wouldn't want to look like this guy!?

No comments:

Post a Comment