I like skinny asparagus. Chris likes fat asparagus. I guess opposites do attract. We usually end up with the asparagus on the skinnier side because - well because I’m married to a great man who likes whatever I cook & lets me have my way more often than not.
I love asparagus quickly cooked on the grill & then simply dressed with a little vinaigrette. Most of the time we end up snacking on them before the rest of dinner is done & we eat them with our fingers.
PS: Happiest Birthday Maggie! I love you! xoxo
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2-3 tablespoons Simple Vinaigrette
- salt & pepper
- Wash the asparagus.
- Trim the woody ends off.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium heat.
- Arrange the asparagus in one layer on a grill pan or basket. If you don’t have one just use a piece of tin foil. If you don’t have tin foil lay your asparagus perpendicular to the grill grates so that they don’t fall through.
- Grill the asparagus for 3-5 minutes, turning mid way. Get a little char on them & then they're done!
- Remove from heat & immediately toss with the vinaigrette.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Eat immediately or at room temperature or cold. Your choice. Silverware optional.