I love potatoes & my subscription to Bon Appetit magazine. This post is a marriage of the two. I’ve made this recipe twice already - once for dinner & once for breakfast! I really don’t think there’s ever a wrong time of the day to eat potatoes - do you?
Ingredients (recipe via Bon Appetit)
- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved, quartered if large
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar (I used white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, & 1 Tbsp. kosher salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add water to cover by 1”.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20–25 minutes; drain & pat dry.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown & crisp, 8–10 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar.
- Serve topped with chives & sea salt.