avocado toast. Yesterday was the rare day that I didn’t have avocado toast for breakfast, so I had it for lunch. I opted to make a quick (yet somewhat fancy looking) protein packed breakfast centered around banana & peanut butter. I remember seeing something like this on the web - I can’t remember where but I took a mental photo & stored it in my memory bank. Yesterday I pulled that memory out & I must say I’ll be revisiting this quick breakfast that kept me from a growling stomach into the middle of the afternoon. It’s also a great snack or dessert.
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I opt for the natural & organic kind which is basically just nuts - no sugar or other stuff please & thanks)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of cinnamon
- With the peel on cut the banana length wise so that you have two “boats.”
- Then remove the peel (I find it’s easier to cut bananas with the peel on.)
- Spread each half with peanut butter. (If the peanut butter doesn’t spread easily because it’s been in the fridge & it’s cold - microwave the peanut butter in a small bowl for 20 seconds it’ll be much more spreadable.)
- Sprinkle raisins on top of the peanut butter.
- Drizzle honey over each “boat” & dust with cinnamon.
- Eat immediately with a fork & knife.