Hi! I'm back! Hope you've all had a wonderful Labor Day. Mine was chock full of a relaxing trip to the beach with family, vegging out, a little house keeping and eating of course!
I made this shrimp salad one night when Chris was out so I was just making dinner for one person, me! I didn't want a big meal since I had pretty much been gorging myself all week (oops!). I also didn't want to spend too much time making dinner because I was just tired.
There's this shrimp that Chris & I love to eat at Bonefish Grill called bang bang shrimp. I like to this of this grilled version as a little bit lighter but still packed with flavor. Plus I ate it with mixed greens - so that's automatically better, right?
- 10 shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon wasabi mayo (or you can use plain mayo too)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
- 2-3 large basil leaves torn into small pieces
- juice of half a lemon
- salt & pepper
- olive oil (about at tablespoon or two)
- 3 cups baby mixed greens
- Pre-heat your grill to about medium heat.
- If you're using wooden skewers make sure to soak them in some water for about 30 minutes so they don't burn. If you don't want to soak them invest in some metal skewers like these & you'll never have to soak them again & you can reuse them.
- Season shrimp in a bowl with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil over them and mix well.
- Spear shrimp on 2 skewers.
- Cook on the grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque & pink.
- In the mean time combine mayo, siracha, agave & basil together.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill. Brush the sauce over the shrimp while shrimp are still hot.
- In a large salad bowl toss the mixed greens with the juice of half a lemon.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and toss with the dressed greens and enjoy!