What do you eat with lobster?
PS: happy 7-11 free slurpee day!
- 1 cup medium grind cornmeal
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, soften or melted but cool (plus more for buttering the skillet/pan)
- 1 jalapeño, diced (I left the seeds in but if you want a more mild heat remove them)
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients except the cornmeal into a bowl.
- Then whisk in the cornmeal.
- Add egg, milk and butter.
- Gently fold in the jalapeño pepper. Do not overbeat, which means once it's mixed, stop!
- Heat an additional tablespoon or two of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. When it's fully melted use a rubber spatula to spread the butter to the sides of the skillet. Turn the heat off & pour the cornbread mixture into the skillet. If you don't have a cast iron skillet simply butter an 8 inch pan and use that in place.
- Place the skillet in the oven and back for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter, we had some of this butter leftover and used it for some extra spice!