Ask anyone at my office where I'm going for lunch & they'll usually say one of three places. The first would most likely be Pret A Manger. I love Pret because they offer fresh food that's satisfying but doesn't make me feel stuffed to the brim after I eat it. They also offer a lot of organic ingredients which is important to me. One of my favorite go-to Pret items (besides coffee) is the quinoa pot they have available during breakfast. I could eat it at any time of day - I think it would make a great breakfast, lunch or dinner. On that note I recreated it for brunch this past weekend.
What's your favorite versatile meal that works for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Add quinoa, water & rice wine vinegar in a small sauce pot. Heat over medium-high heat & bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer & cover for 12-15 minutes until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Slice avocado, eggs & tomatoes.
- Plate each plate or bowl with half of the quinoa (about a 1/2 cup cooked quinoa) & season with salt & pepper.
- Place half the tomatoes on top of each portion of quinoa. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pile half the arugula on each portion. Season with salt & pepper (are you noticing a pattern here? good season each layer as you go).
- Place avocado on top of each pile of arugula. Season with salt & pepper.
- Top with sliced egg. Drizzle with olive oil & one last dash of salt & pepper.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to eat.