Monday, July 1, 2013

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Quinoa

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Quinoa recipe

Ask anyone at my office where I'm going for lunch & they'll usually say one of three places. The first would most likely be Pret A Manger.  I love Pret because they offer fresh food that's satisfying but doesn't make me feel stuffed to the brim after I eat it.  They also offer a lot of organic ingredients which is important to me.  One of my favorite go-to Pret items (besides coffee) is the quinoa pot they have available during breakfast. I could eat it at any time of day - I think it would make a great breakfast, lunch or dinner.  On that note I recreated it for brunch this past weekend.

What's your favorite versatile meal that works for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • 3/4 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
  • 1 cup baby arugula
  • 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced
  • salt & pepper
  • extra virgin olive oil for drizzling

Make it!
  1. Add quinoa, water & rice wine vinegar in a small sauce pot. Heat over medium-high heat & bring to a boil.
  2. Reduce to simmer & cover for 12-15 minutes until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
  3. Slice avocado, eggs & tomatoes.
  4. Plate each plate or bowl with half of the quinoa (about a 1/2 cup cooked quinoa) & season with salt & pepper.
  5. Place half the tomatoes on top of each portion of quinoa. Season with salt & pepper.
  6. Pile half the arugula on each portion. Season with salt & pepper (are you noticing a pattern here? good season each layer as you go).
  7. Place avocado on top of each pile of arugula. Season with salt & pepper.
  8. Top with sliced egg. Drizzle with olive oil & one last dash of salt & pepper.
  9. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to eat.








2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Rebecca from MyNaturalFamily.com. I shared a link to your recipe on my post
    http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/quinoa-recipes/30-quinoa-breakfast-recipes/

    I want to make sure it's ok with you that I did so. Please let me know if you want me to remove your image.

    I would love if you could share a little love by sharing the post on your social media accounts. After all, in the end it will help you get more traffic too.

    I am also open to other collaboration ideas so please let me know if you have ideas of how we can help grow each other’s blogs.

    Get More Traffic

    In case you're not already a member of our sister site, InspiringCooks.com I would like to invite you to join it.

    I was frustrated with how much work it is to submit to food submission sites so I created my own site kind of like Food Gawker. The main difference is that you don't have to submit each recipe. All you need to do is fill out this form - http://inspiringcooks.com/submit-recipes/ and we will add your recipe images for you with a link to your site (no recipe on our site). We will also promote your content by pinning both directly from your site and from our site.

    Bonus - when you join Inspiring Cooks, you can also request to be added to My Natural Family’s most popular group boards on Pinterest.

    Make More Money

    I make over six-figures on My Natural Family and I wrote a blog post all about how I do it. I think/hope there are some ideas in it that could help you make more money with your blog - http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/earn-six-figures-blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca! Thanks so much for sharing my post! i'll definitely share it with my social media family :)
      Thanks for the info on inspiringcooks.com - i'll definitely look into it!
      Cheers!
      Heather

      Delete