This past memorial day weekend was anything but typical. It was cold & rainy on Saturday & then warm(ish) & sunny on Sunday & Monday. To warm the house & our bellies up on Saturday I baked some chocolate chip cookies using my favorite go-to recipe. On Sunday afternoon we decided to plan a small barbecue on Monday. I was pretty excited to put the obscene amount of cookies to good use to make a traditional summer treat: ice cream sandwiches. I added mini chocolate chips that I found in the baking aisle to mine so I guess you could call them homemade chipwiches!
Happy Friday! How is it already the last day of May???
- 12 chocolate chip cookies of equal size
- 1 pint ice cream in your favorite flavor
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Create an assembly line of cookies, ice cream, mini chocolate chips, cut waxed paper & tape.
- Lay one cookie on a cutting board. Place one big scoop of ice cream (hopefully not as soft as mine but soft enough to scoop) on top of the cookie & sandwich another cookie onto of it.
- Place the mini chocolate chips on a plate. Roll the assembled sandwich on the mini chips.
- Wrap immediately with waxed paper, tape closed & refrigerate. Repeat for all sandwiches.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Serve with the waxed paper on your homemade ice cream sandwich for your guests to unwrap.