Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tzatziki Sauce


I love greek yogurt, cucumber & garlic, so it's only natural that I love tzatziki sauce which has all of these delicious ingredients in it.  It's great to dip pita in or to add to a sandwich instead of mustard or mayo. You can make it with 5 ingredients (7 if you include salt & pepper!).

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM & little baby Evie! I love you both.

Ingredients

  • 1- 7oz plain greek yogurt (I used 2% Fage)
  • 1/2 seedless cucumber, finely grate
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chop
  • 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chop
  • juice & zest of 1 lemon
  • salt & pepper
Make it!
  1. Using a box grater or a microphone, grate 1/2 a cucumber.
  2. Place grated cucumber in a strainer over a bowl.  Apply pressure with either you hands or a spoon & squeeze the juice from the cucumber out. You might have to do this several times. The more juice you can extract the better, otherwise your sauce will be very thin. I personally like it a little thicker so I strained the juice out about 5 times.
  3. I also used my grater to grate the garlic - this is easier than finely chopping if you ask me.
  4. Combine chopped dill, lemon zest & juice, garlic, yogurt & cucumber in a bowl. Mix well. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
  5. Serve chilled.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment