Here’s how you quick bake a potato:
- Wash & dry potatoes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450.
- Using a fork prick small holes all around the potatoes.
- Microwave the potatoes for 8 minutes total, flipping them half way through. If your potato is closer to 1 pound I would do this step twice as long, but for regular sized russet potatoes 8 minutes will do.
- Rub the outsides of the potatoes with a bit of olive oil.
- Wrap each potato individually in foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- I like to pick my potatoes up with a pot holder & give them a squeeze to see if they’re finished cooking. If they are they’ll be really soft & almost mush, if they’re not they’ll be hard & I put them back in the oven for 5 minutes at a time. You can also stick a fork in them to see if they’re done.