I love tapas for two reasons. One reason I love them is that they remind me of my first date with Chris. He took me to a great tapas restaurant. That was my last first date :) The other reason, which Chris didn’t know on our first date is that I love to taste different things. So I love ordering tapas. Granted there is a lot of work that usually goes into these tasty little dishes even if you’re just getting a taste. I found this quick & easy tapas dish for spicy baked chickpeas that from Claire Robinson’s 5 Ingredient Fix show (sigh I miss that show - so if you’re listening Food Network Gods please bring it back!). It’s a super easy snack to make & have on hand when guests come over for the holidays. Plus, this dish is primarily chickpeas so you can secretly provide some nutrition for your guests too!
Ingredients (via Claire Robinson’s Spicy Baked Chickpeas recipe)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and dry by rolling them around in a kitchen towel.
- Combine the oil, paprika cumin, cayenne and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas and toss to coat evenly. Transfer the chickpeas to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 25 to 35 minutes, shaking the tray to toss after 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the chickpeas to a serving bowl.