Thursday, May 8, 2014

Simple Toasts with Marscapone, Chives & Sea Salt

Simple Toasts with Marscapone, Chives and Sea Salt. recipe. appetizer. easy.

We have a toaster oven at work. I may really be the only one that ever uses it. I love toast. If i can have a sandwich with toasted bread - i’m toasting it. Usually I’ll bring in al the components to make a sandwich but don’t make them into an actual sandwich until I’ve toasted my bread about five minutes before I eat it. Sounds high maintenance but it’s really not - it’s toasting bread. It’s so simple & really for the short amount of time I have to dedicate to make my sandwich all the more delicious - well I’m going to make the commitment.

So you see, toast seems fancy but it’s not.  So if you’re having a dinner party & need a quick appetizer make these simple cheesy toasts. There will be no leftovers & everyone will be so impressed that you too the time to make (easy) fancy toast - they really will.
Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup marscapone cheese
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
  •  pinch of sea salt (I used Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt - that’ why it will look pink in the photos)
  • 4 thick slices of crusty bread (I used olive bread from my grocery store's bakery)
Make it!
  1. Mix the cheese, chives & salt together in a small bowl & set aside.
  2. Broil 4 thick slices of your favorite bakery bread under the broiler on a sheet pan - for about 2 minutes per side. Keep your eye on it - the bread can go from toasted to burnt pretty quickly.
  3. Remove the bread from the oven & spread some of the cheese mixture on each piece.
  4. Enjoy immediately. Make extra because you’ll want more - trust me.
Simple Toasts with Marscapone, Chives and Sea Salt. recipe. appetizer. easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment