I love pickles & I've been known to like other pickled things like asparagus (that you can garnish a bloody mary with - thank you Vegas). These pickled carrots go great in a salad or on in a sandwich & they just get better the longer the carrots sit in the pickling liquid. It's way easier than you think.
- 3-4 carrots
- 1/2 cup champagne (or just white) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Peel carrots. Using either a veggie peeler or a mandolin shred the carrots into long strips.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper to a glass jar. (I used an old salsa jar I had washed & kept for later use). Close the jar & shake to mix well.
- Open up the jar & tightly pack the strips of carrots into the glass jar.
- Tightly seal the jar & shake well to combine all the ingredients. (The carrots should be covered in the liquid if they're not, add more vinegar).
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before eating so that all the flavors combine. Store in the fridge for later use.