So I don't know how the weather is by you but in the North East we are definitely having a heat wave one minute and a taste of fall the next. So if the weather by you is still summery and it's still too hot to really cook, you can make this salad in a matter or minutes. If you made your chimichurri at the beginning of the week like a good little scout this will really take no time at all. I opted for a simple combo of fresh heirloom tomatoes and zucchini that I picked up at the farmers market but you can try out whichever ingredients you like - choose your own adventure.
Have a wonderful weekend!
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 cup chimichurri sauce
- salt & pepper
- Cut your tomatoes into bit sized pieces (so you don't have to use a knife when you're eating this later).
- Using a veggie peeler peel the zucchini into strips. If you don't have the fancy peeler that makes thin strips, make big wide noodles with a regular peeler - it's works just fine and tastes just as good. I promise.
- Toss together tomatoes, zucchini strips/noodles and chimichurri sauce into a large bowl.
- Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Let it all sit together in the bowl for a good 15 minutes or longer so all the flavors marry together.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.