I love, ahem loved, Whole Living Magazine. Sadly it has folded with most of the other great glossies of it's time. I recently received a letter in the mail saying they (the good publishing people) would fulfill the rest of my Whole Living subscription with Everyday Rachel Ray. My immediate reaction was - it's not the same. And while it isn't the same I'm warming up to it & have found some good recipes in it like the Roasted Broccoli with Toasted Garlic one.
We had a head of broccoli & a head of cauliflower in our fridge so I used the combination with my new found recipe.
What's your favorite lifestyle magazine? Would love to learn about your recommendations, please comment below with your favorite!
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
(please note: this makes a ton of veggies! cut the recipe in half if you don't do leftovers, if you do do leftovers be sure to check back to see how I reused mine!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- On baking sheet, toss broccoli & cauliflower with 1/4 cup olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes in the oven.
- In a bowl, mix garlic & remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle over veggies & roast another 5 minutes.
- Toss with lemon juice & zest.