If you don't eat chicken you can put this sauce on anything like grilled or steam veggies, maybe some potatoes or just some toasted bread. Chris called this garlic Parmesan chicken my best chicken on the bone, I think it was simply because the chicken acted as a delivery vehicle for the sauce but I'll take it regardless.
- 6 chicken wings, organic is ideal
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- salt & pepper
- You can grill, bake or even fry your chicken however you like. I seasoned mine with salt & pepper on both sides. Heated about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet & browned my chicken on all sides. Then I baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the juices ran clear.
- To make the sauce:
- In a small sauce pan heat 1/3 cup olive oil & add chopped shallots. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until the shallots are soft.
- Then add the chopped garlic & cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Pour mixture over chicken on a platter & sprinkle fresh basil over top.