These crepes seem to be my go-to for weekend brunch. I usually take a look in the fridge at what's left from the week & try to work with it. This recipe incorporates the mushroom mixture from these delicious appetizers plus a basic crepe.
See more photos & the recipe after the jump!
Get the crepe recipe here.
Crepe filling Ingredients:
- 3 baby leeks, cleaned & chopped
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- parmesan cheese, shave with vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 organic eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 350.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Add chopped leeks & season with salt & pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms & cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic & season with salt & pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or until garlic has softened & slightly browned. Turn the heat off.
- Add spinach & wilt it by stirring it into the mixture.
- To compose each crepe line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay four crepes on the parchment.
- Place a spoonful of mushroom mixture in the center of each crepe.
- Drop an egg on top of each mushroom covered crepe. Season with salt & pepper.
- Fold the edges in to make a square.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are opaque & cooked through.
- With a spatula, place each crepe on a place.
- Top each crepe with a couple curls of cheese (shave your block of Parmesan with a veggie peeler). Sprinkle with additional chopped basil.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.